Winter Capsule Wardrobe 2017-2018
This year and season marks my two year anniversary of starting a capsule wardrobe. If this is your first time reading about a capsule wardrobe, you can read all about it here.
Minimizing my closet to under 40 pieces (including bottoms, tops, dresses, shoes, and outerwear) has been a game changer. It has created mindful thinking and freedom in so many ways.
After two years of having a capsule, I feel I have a good grasp on how to really make it work to make a positive impact on budget, mind, and earth. I am so excited to be launching A GUIDE TO SIMPLIFY AND DISCOVER YOUR SIGNATURE STYLE. For real, it IS coming soon.
For now, I wanted to share with you the run down of what is in my closet this winter:
- 3 pairs of jeans (black, denim, distressed faded black)
- 1 pair of pants (black high-waist, loose fit)
- 1 long skirt (blush pink maxi)
- 2 dresses (1 multi-wear short black & 1 multi-wear floral)
- 3 t-shirts (1 white, 1 blue, 1 black graphic)
- 3 shirts (2 short sleeve & 1 long sleeve)
- 1 chambray shirt
- 1 sweatshirt (gray hoodie)
- 5 sweaters (1 black, 1 forest, 1 neutral, 1 black & white, 1 pea green)
- 1 sweater poncho (forst)
- 1 long cardigan (gray)
- 1 vest (black)
- 1 duster (light lavender)
- 4 jackets (1 casual, 1 dress, 1 short winter, 1 long winter)
- 2 snow/rain boots (1 tall, 1 short)
- 3 ankle booties (black, tan, cognac)
- 1 oxford shoes (gray/black)
- 1 sneakers
Thirty-five total this season. A typical capsule wardrobe doesn't include loungewear, pajamas, workout clothes, jewelry, and accessories. However, from experience, it's not a bad idea to limit what you have to eliminate stress and clutter.
Have you done a capsule wardrobe? If so, tell me about your experience. If not, would you do it? Do you think you could benefit from it?